1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP a800n Driver Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Veinless90, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Veinless90

Veinless90 Thread Starter

My girlfriend has an HP a800n PC and her computer was screwed up so we had to reformat.

Well now her drivers are gone and the HP site doesn't help any. Their forums aren't any good and no one seems to read what I say before they answer me telling me something I already know.

So where do I start? We downloaded their drivers...the " Spring 2005 Original Network Adapter Driver Collection"

Audio, Video, etc. We've installed them and they take you to the Device Manager and we've clicked update but here's the problem. Her ethernet isn't working although it shows no problems with the ethernet driver. The data cord in the back of the PC is lit up but it's solid. We're really needing someone to help us get her computer back online.

Please Help us.

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

with a small pen push the reset button on the broadband modem hold down for 5 10 seconds. also on the bottom of the unit is the http:// address load it into the web browser to check and adjust settings. these settings are available from the isp if you don't know the settings,to type in.
    click_start_run.type cmd_press enter at the prompt type_ ipconfig to see if the isp settings are there and the ethernet adapter connected

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

After you run the EXE you downloaded and Device Manager opens, you go to the device, in this case the network adapter, and when you select the option to update drivers, you point the install to C:\HP\Drivers\.... That's where the drivers are extracted to.

4. Veinless90

Veinless90 Thread Starter

Thanks for replying.

We can't find the IP for her modem. It's a netopia through bellsouth and the IP we've found online doesn't work.

We did go through ipconfig and it showed she has an IP, Subnet Mask, and Gateway...so I believe that means she's connected. So then what's the problem?

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    This is the hardware and devices for the HP Pavilion a800n desktop:

Motherboard:
    ASUS A7V8X-LA

Chipset:
    VIA KM400A
    VIA VT8237

Display:
    VIA S3G UniChrome

Audio:
    Realtek AL658 AC97 Audio

Network:
    Integrated 10/100 Base-T
    VT6103 LAN PHY

Go here, then select

Microsoft Windows - Windows XP - Hyperion Pro(4-In-1) Chipset Drivers

then download and save version 5.24A to an empty folder on your desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved into that folder, extract its contents.

After it's been extracted, double-click the "setup.exe" file to install the chipset driver package.

Restart your computer afterwards.

-------------------------------------------

6. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

well if everything is showing that the pc is connected then check that the web browser is online not showing work off line from the file menu

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice