HP Advisor End of Life on Older Models

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yumazona

HP Advisor which is a decent tool when you know how to use it. For many it is a pain. My question is "When does HP Advisor no longer provide useful updates to a notebook or desktop." I have noticed on some that there have been no new updates for several years. My point is how to tell when it no longer serves a purpose and can be removed from a system? If it is no longer useful we might as well remove it to clear up disk space, to free up resources and improve overall performance on an older system to help prolong it's life. My guess right now is sometime around 3 years old but cautious even then. Could it be earlier? Or later? Any knowledgeable people out there with maybe some definitive info?
Thanks.

valis

Ive always removed it immediately....never found it useful. It is shipped with a new rig but is mated to that hardware and in a factory condition. After 3 years pretty sure you can dump it.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Ive always removed it immediately....never found it useful. It is shipped with a new rig but is mated to that hardware and in a factory condition. After 3 years pretty sure you can dump it.
Same here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online