1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP all-in-one 9130 recieving faxes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by renaewithana, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renaewithana

renaewithana Thread Starter

I just purchased an HP all-in-one 9130 about a week ago and spent about 6 hours chatting with customer service and still can't figure out why I can receive a 4 page fax from their customer service center, but get an error 223, 244, or 283 page and then only the cover page (from many different facilities). First I want to say the the fax is wired directly to the wall (no extensions, answering machines, credit card machines, etc), which is an analog line that is needed. This 9130 all-in-one replaced my 7130 all-in-one - which I never had a problem with receiving faxes. Customer service had me turn off the error correction mode (ECM), turn on silent detect, lower the baud rate, update and flash the firmware, perform an NV reset, and reseat the telephone cord. They sent a 4 page fax and I recieved it just fine, but when I had another facility try to fax me multiple pages, I get the error page and only the cover sheet. I can fax out just fine and can recieve faxes fine from the HP customer service office, but can't get faxes from ANYONE else. Can anyone help me?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    how many other people ?

3. renaewithana

renaewithana Thread Starter

On a daily basis we usually get lab reports from about 10 different hospitals (usually over 50 faxes a day).

4. johnpost

johnpost

i would expect that by being on with their support for that
    time that you jumped through all the hoops that there
    were to jump through.

i don't know much about fax.

just a guess

your machine is trying to poll the other machine and when
    it gets no response it errors out. hp sends you faxes
    from machine that responds to poll request. other
    people's faxes aren't set to respond and so they don't.

so guess would be to turn off polling.

5. Tracey520

Tracey520

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem in that I keep getting repeated error code messages either 223 or 283. Most of the time I get the 283 message and only receive the first page of a fax.

I have turned off the error code message tab on the fax and I am now really lost as I can not find anything to do with polling as suggested in the thread.

I have checked the HP manual which is a waste of time as I have done everything that it suggests. I have turned everything off and on and made sure all the connections are correct.

Any one out there got any suggestions as to what I can do next apart from scream!

Many thanks,

Tracey

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have a new machine that does not work and it sounds defective. Return it.
    I mean there is only hardware and software and you have done all that and the old one worked. Not too many other conclusions here.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!