1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP all-in-one scanner does not work when attached via WIFI.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cva39, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cva39

cva39 Thread Starter

I have an HP C4380 (printer, scanner, copier, memory card reader). It is attached via WIFI. It prints ok. Embbedded web page is accessible. COPY function can be initiated from computer. HP SCAN program starts up but just hangs. No indication at the device. If I try the XP Scanner Wizard it says no scanner detected.

If I attach it via a USB port. It works fine.

DEVICE MANAGER show is attached and includes IP address.

ICON shows up on the SCANNERS/CAMERAS page. Properties says it is connected and working. PORT location says AUTO.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!