1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP All in one software probs.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MN_N8VTech, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MN_N8VTech

MN_N8VTech Thread Starter

Im having 2 problems with software for an HP all in one printer/scanner/cpoier, 2100 is the model number.
    First of all,Ive uninstalled everything completely and tried starting from scratch with everything Ill be describing,so....
    First problem is,it used to have a thing called HP director,and now it doesnt exist and I cant locate it. Second, every time the computer restarts it wants to install AiOsoftware (all in one software)but refers to a network location, there are several problems with that. 1.its not on a network 2.its already installed 3.if I change the source location it says it cant be found,such as the CD. Ill wait for some advice or if theres more info needed. Basically,if I can just get info how to stop that from trying to install that would be great,but then if I can back the HP director that would be nice too.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

I recommend uninstalling the software, clear your internet cache, then download and reinstall the drivers, make sure you pick the largest version of the drivers available off the HP website so you get the director..

Important: After uninstalling the software, reboot the machine.. It must shut down correctly in order to make proper changes to the registry, so don't force the shutdown in any way..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice