1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Battery source - UK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by exceller, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

It appears from the errors 601 and HP Battery checks, that my 3 year old battery is naffed.

My notepad is a HP 2000 - product number B5R61UA, and from the HP Support Assistant it lists a 6 cell battery part number KS524AA, and then in my PDF User manual there are two further batteries with different part numbers 593553-001 and 593554-001.

Whichever I choose, other than buy a OEM battery for a price. Anyone know a good source for a HP Battery in the UK other than flea bay.

Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you actually have a HP 2000-2a20CA (B5R61UA) 15.6" laptop.

It comes with a 6-cell Lithium-ion 47Wh 2.2Ah battery, and the HP part number for it is 593553-001

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=B5R61UA

Several members and a few of the Moderators here live in the U.K., so one or more of them should advise you where you can purchase that battery.

Here is that battery at Amazon in the U.K..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...+laptop+battery&sprefix=hp+593553-001,aps,248

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I have recently used Forugadgets in the UK for a Thinkpad battery.
    All I will say is that the first battery failed fairly quickly and I had to get them to replace it, which they did without too much quibble. I even got them to refund half the return postage, though I think it should have been all of it.

Make sure that you condition any new battery correctly so there will be no argument should it fail quickly.

Be aware that the post office and many carriers are very wary about private packages with batteries in should you have to return faulty goods.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice