1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP C5280 Printer problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by keabird, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keabird

keabird Thread Starter

Hi-

I finally got around to getting a new printer and I purchased the C5280 Printer... I installed it and didn't have any problems at first, but then it started reinstalling itself over and over...copy1, copy2, copy 3... and only the newest copy would actually connect to the printer. I kept deleting the copies and resetting the original copy as the default... my only thought was maybe since I had an older HP printer installed before this one maybe the old and new software were clashing (I don't know if that's even possible) but just in case I uninstalled all my HP programs and then reinstalled the C5280 software... My brothers advice was RTFM, so I followed the directions precisely during the reinstall but I keep having the same problem...

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 and I'm running Windows XP 98 (I know it's an old version but I can't afford to update right now) ... Anyone have any insights into my problem?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    This is the software and support site for the HP Photosmart C5280 All-In-One:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...us&dlc=en&submit.y=4&submit.x=8&lang=en&cc=us

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm at a loss as to how you got it installed in the first place with Windows 98 because it's designed to work only with Windows XP, 2000, and Vista - as all new printers/all-in-ones are that I've seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My 6-year old Gateway 500S desktop with Windows XP SP3 has 3 different model HP all-in-ones connected and running on it, so having multiple printers/all-in-ones on the same computer isn't a problem for me.

From my experience with HP printers/all-in-ones, the normal procedure is to turn on the computer, then turn on the printer/all-in-one, then insert the software CD and start the install process, then connect the printer/all-in-one with its USB cable when prompted to, then allow it to be recognized, then allow the software to finish installing, then restart the computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. new tech guy

new tech guy

I think the OP is getting their information confused, flavalee. Sounds more like xp to me, what they could do to clarify this is press windows key+r and then type winver into the box which will produce the windows version running on the pc. Also they need to describe the problem more clearly.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    (I know it's an old version but I can't afford to update right now)

new tech guy:

When I read this comment, I was assuming it was 98. You're right though. It might be XP. ;)

keabird:

Is it 98 or XP your computer is using? :confused:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and then click Properties. What's listed in the General tab?

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

They could mean vista by old as well ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice