1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP C7180 All-In-One Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BillK, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillK

BillK Thread Starter

New HP C7180 all-in-one printers (I have seen this on 3 so far) have an unwanted "feature". When printing pictures, they crop about 1/8-inch off each side of a picture and then enlarge it to fit the paper. Problem seems to involve using the 4"x6" paper tray - using 8.5x11 paper does not cause this.

Does not seem to matter how you start - copy, scan, print a picture from the PC hard drive, SD card. Along the way worked with several different printing applications and every printer setting I could find. All evidence points to a hardware (or design?) problem.

HP tech support has been good about trying. On the first printer, went thru several levels of tech support, finally got a senior tech to agree there was a hardware problem, and got a new printer shipped to me.

It had exactly the same problem.

Went up to Best Buy and worked with their sales guy on the demo machine and had exactly the same problem. HP is discussing this with engineering, and I am waiting to hear back from them.

My wife is going nuts and wants to get rid of the printer. It prints beautiful pictures and seems to do other things very well. I bought it from an internet vendor and am not sure I can get my money back - or it will cost me a 20% restocking fee plus shipping.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Know of a solution? Help!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Bill, I was just getting ready to reply to your email, looks like you were able to post twice :D so, I'm going to close this one and leave the earlier one open.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw you deleted the other one, so I just killed it completely.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/577096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice