HP CD Writer Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AvsFan

I have an external HP 8200 series cd-writer and win 98 pc. The cd-writer always errors out before completion of writing a cd. Does anyone have any ideas on possible solutions?

How about some information so someone can start guessing.

Error messages? Recording on the fly or from the HD? Music or data? Software? Is your software and firmware up to date?

Hi,

Are you running the recommended test, before you write each CD? (Assuming you're using DirectCD or something similar). It only takes a few minutes, and could help solve the problem.

:)

AvsFan

All I get when the cd-writer aborts is:

"There was an error writing to the cd. Please try again with a different disk." When I click on the explain button I get, "An error occurred while making the CD. Click on the troubleshoot butten to help.

From this you get:
HP MyCD reported a write error
The CD-R or CD-RW disc may be scratched, damaged, or dirty
If the CD-R or CD-RW disc is scratched, damaged, or dirty, your HP
CD-Writer may not be able to write data or audio to it.
Try using a new CD-R or CD-RW disc.
Try using a different manufacturer's CD-R or CD-RW discs.
Clean the CD-R or CD-RW disc:
1.Use a mild, nonabrasive soapy solution on a nonabrasive cloth to clean the shiny side of the disc.
2.Wipe from the center to the edge of the disc.
3.Dry the disc completely before reinserting it into your HP CD-Writer drive.

I have tried new cd's with different brands.
I have also disabled the screen saver and used End-All to stop all programs in the background.

Any suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online