1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP cd Writer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chevyrose, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chevyrose

chevyrose Thread Starter

I installed a HP CD writer model 9300i in my daughter's computer, it says the installation was correct, but when I click to finish installation, I get an error message - ISSET error. What did I do wrong? The computer won't recognize the cd as a drive.

:confused:

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

You wrote the computer does not recognize the writer as a drive. That means to me that the BIOS nor the OS sees the device at all. Check your jumper settings. If you have more than one device on a ribbon cable, one must be Master and the other, Slave.

If you have it on the secondary controller, be sure that controller is turned on in the BIOS.

Also, check that the cable is secure and correctly connected--pin 1 orientation is correct on all connected devices, including the main board.

3. chevyrose

chevyrose Thread Starter

I know just enough to get me in trouble---how do I make sure it's turned on in the bios?

Thanks!
    Christine

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Christine, when the computer is starting up, there is a key to press to enter the bios setup.....most often it's the DEL key...if you have a Compaq, it's F 10. Other computers try F 1 or F 2...if none of these work, post the make/model of the computer and someone can assist you further.

5. chevyrose

chevyrose Thread Starter

This computer was built by a local computer store that is no longer in business. It's a PII (I think) with a 350 processor. I still haven't been able to get the 9300i cd burner to work. According to the setup software the drive is installed correctly as the slave drive. I'm still getting the ISSET error message after software installation. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Christine
    :(

6. Rick1953

Rick1953

Did you disable your anti-virus program when you were installing the software for the burner. ISSET errors can be caused by your AV software running in the background while you install programs.

[​IMG]

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!