1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP colour L jet and double sided printing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by docusk, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

Just moved over to Vista Home Premium. I have installed the printers and original software; also Vista downloaded up to date drivers for it.
    Now when I want to do double sided printing, there is no option in the properties. In XP the option was in the Finishing tab. I do note that the XP screen on another PC labels the printer HP 2550 L PCL whilst the Vista one says HP 2550 L PS. These I believe are two different printer languages/configurations.
    HP help desk tried to help but no success. The agent is ringing me back Friday to see if you have any suggestions to offer. HP Forum no help so far.
    Now, I also have a Samsung colour LJ and tried to print from that d/sided but all it did was print the even pages and showed a red light.
    Could this be a problem with Vista 'cos after the three problem filled days I've had so far I'd readily go back to XP!!!
    M$oft please note.
    docusk

2. joeten

joeten

hi ok your original hp2250 l pcl is hps the other is adobe from whay i can find out they should both work but since it is not doing what you need try going to hp site and download the others newest driver and try that not a lot i know but hope it works for you

3. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

You have given me a clue! I was trying to print a doc. from Adobe reader. I haven't yet installed Office. I bet when I do it will be OK. I'll let you know and thanks very much, Most helpful.
    docusk

4. joeten

joeten

glad to help hope it goes well

5. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

What a disappointment. It didn't work just confused matters by installing a MS word document printer which threw me altogether. Me and my bright ideas!:(
    Ah well, it was worth a try, thanks anyway. I'll still keep plodding.
    docusk

6. joeten

joeten

hi have you had a look on hps site support pages or forum it may be worth trying

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You need to find and install VISTA software and drivers for these printers.

8. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

That sounds like the best advice so far!
    Would be OK but the PC has developed a new fault. It freezes when it gets to the Gigabyte opening screen which offers options at the bottom of the screen <tab> <del> <f9> <F12> <end> but none of them work, the computer sits there sneering at me saying waddya gonna do now buddy?
    I don't even know what use the screen is but at present I can't get past it. CTRL>alt.del does nothing and pressing del at boot does nothing either. Am I fated with this Vista?
    docusk

9. joeten

joeten

10. docusk

docusk Thread Starter

Thanx Joeten. I found the site and the downkoad for my machine. Prob now is that i freezes at startup which is another bag of worms.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    docusk

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/795772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice