HP Compaq 8200 Elite won't power on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jenniebear525

Hi folks! I use this computer for work and I really need it running. We recently had a terrible thunderstorm and lost power very briefly. Everything came back on. My tv, both monitors, the Xfinity flex tv box, etc. Only two things did not the Xfinity modem would not power on at all. It was dead. And they came and replaced it.

The other death is my CPU. It's an HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor
Serial # MXL1470ZR7 (that zero might be an O I'm not sure)
Product # XL51OAV (this one looks like an O but could be a zero)

When I press the on button, a green light comes on and will stay on as long as the button is depressed. If I let go of the button then the light goes out. I've attached a picture. My theory is the internal power supply is failing. Any thoughts on how to fix this so I can get back to work???

Thanks in advance!
Jennifer

Attachments

Couriant

James
Hello! Have you tried removing the power cord and then hold the power button for about 15 seconds and then reconnect the power cord?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You have THIS HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC

It was purchased in December 2011 and came with Windows Vista 32/64-bit or Windows 7 32/64-bit and came with a 240W power supply.

-------------------------------------------------

jenniebear525

You have THIS HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC

It was purchased in December 2011 and came with Windows Vista 32/64-bit or Windows 7 32/64-bit and came with a 240W power supply.

-------------------------------------------------
For reference, attached is a picture of the configuration I bought it in from Amazon.

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It appears it was refurbished and had Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed in it.
It doesn't say if any of its original hardware was upgraded or replaced.
Regardless of that, the "no power" issue still needs to be addressed.

------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
I suspect that as you pointed out, the power supply may be faulty. Those are typically easy to replace. Since it’s a branded machine and HP/Compaq are typically proprietary parts I can get you the part number for you to order.

jenniebear525

I replaced the power supply and no luck. Light on front still turns green when depressed. There is also an internal light near the RAM that says AUX that is lit green now that was not lit before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online