1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Compaq dc5100 Small Form Factor PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yowill, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yowill

yowill Thread Starter

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I take it that you didn't have the Factory Restore Capability available to you? This would have reloaded all the correct drivers for you. Although it would have also loaded all the Crapware that HP/Compaq bloats a computer with. You rally did not need to download all the network drivers. You would need to identify which Network Adapter your computer uses then install only the driver for that one.

3. yowill

yowill Thread Starter

You're right, no restore partition. The reason I downloaded all three network drivers is that each one did not work. I was trying to find the right one by process of elimination. Only three available and all three do not work. Out of this comes this symptom, I get the blue screen with this announcement
    NET 8511.SYS-Address F89OD151 base at F890C000, Datestamp 3a35a42f
    Stop:0x00000083 (0x(0000005, 0xF890D151, 0xF6EE06C8,0x00000000)
    Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Wouldn't that suggest and IRQ conflict? Won't reseting the BIOS to default setting correct the blue screen? What is shadowing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice