1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Compaq NC8360 possible motherboard problem???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by picosa922, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picosa922

picosa922 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have some questions. I have an HP Compaq NC8230 that went dead on me about 6 mos ago. I put away to fix later however I dont really know how to go about fixing it! Have any of you ever experienced a dead laptop, that when you plug it in to charge it does not charge and the only light that turns on is the little lighting bolt? That is what my laptop does, I press the power on button and nothing happens. I don't even hear a peep out of the machine. So, my question is could it be the motherboard? How or what tool could I use to determine if it is the motherboard? Would it be a wise investment to repair it? Please give me some feedback, if this problem has happend to you that the only life on the laptop is the lightning bolt turning on and staying on, but the pc does not turn on. Please let me know what you did to fix it. Thank you all for the assistance.

Best wishes,
    Dalinda

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

I think I'd be checking into a power supply. Motherboards won't work if the Power Supply fails. That's where I'd start. Jazz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice