1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Compaq Presario C736TU NoteBook Is a Real nightmare I need Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Suzzistar, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Suzzistar

Suzzistar Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I got this new notebook HP COMPAQ PRESARIO C736TU Which is a total nightmare for me as im having soo many issues with this junk.

As you all know this notebook has the worst ever driver installation errors, previously it was having an error on Inbuilt Mic, and when i return the notebook to the agents, they replaced the motherboard saying the fault was there. And now im having a driver installation issue, while been unable to connect to the web.

Im using broadband ADSL with a Prolink Hurricane 8000 USB ADSL modem, and it was working fine earlier on and it works soo fine on my other machine as well. But When i install the sound driver for HP COMPAQ PRESARIO C736TU im getting this new error msg when try to connect to the web,

Network Connection Error" Error 623 - The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection

Earlier on this was working fine, but after they have replaced the mother board im getting this and after installing the sound drivers.

Anyone know's how to fix this..? and wot its all abt..?

ManyThanks

2. Gr1nd5550

Gr1nd5550

Return it to the agents and complain. This shouldn't happen after audio drivers installtion

3. Suzzistar

Suzzistar Thread Starter

Agents say that this particular note book is best supported with Win VISTA and not XP, but Vista OS is a junk as the way i know and eats up lot of space and memory, I just reinstalled windows XP and im no longer getting the said error message however still when i install the sound driver the Prolink Hurricane 8000 USB ADSL modem goes offline and therefore unable to login to the internet, and when i disable the sound driver from device manager it goes online again lolzzzzzz

Any help would greatly appreciated

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Hardware built for Vista, that does not have the proper drivers for XP will not run right on XP as you are finding out.
    I think if you would leave it as you bought it, find some tweaks on this forum for performance instead of making up your mind before even trying to work with Vista, you would find out why many of us who have been on Vista more than a year, would never go back to XP. I have 3 Vista pc's and would never even think of returning to XP but I have the Uac turned off, the notices disabled and Windows Offender trashed. With enough ram this system leaves Xp in the dust booting up in 50 seconds and moving in a way that is hard to follow! I lost no programs and no hardware and can do anything better than I did in XP.

5. Suzzistar

Suzzistar Thread Starter

Ok tell me, this note book of mine have following resources

Intel Pentium Dualcore T2330 1.60 GHZ
    80 gigs of HDD
    1GB of Ram
    1MB Cache

is that enough to run Vista without getting stuck on programs on a slow system ? As long as my system wont get extremely slow i wouldn't mind using Vista, but with customer reviews i hv seen you need to have at least 2GB ram with 2 MB cache to have a nice n smooth working environment otherwise the machine will get slow...?

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Vista will run fine on 1 gb ram unless you are doing a lot of multitasking, gaming, or heavy duty graphics. I have worked on quite a few laptops Vista ran fine on for average tasks. On the otherhand, ram has never been cheaper and there is a slot underneath your laptop with probably one screw that opens it and these guys will guaranty a match for a lot less than you think. www.crucial.com. Only problem is in most cases to upgrade a notebook to 2 gb, you need to buy it all at once because there are only 2 slots so what is in there needs to be tossed to go to 2 gb. I would bet you can do that for under $45 though.

7. Suzzistar

Suzzistar Thread Starter

I checked and this particular note book has only one slot ithink, i mean could see only one which has 1 GB chip and yaaa i do multi tasking work most of the time so i guess 1 GB is not enough

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

The slots are vertical and there is most likely a slot underneath the one you can see, that you would see when you take the first stick out.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice