1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP computer acting funny!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kenpor, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenpor

kenpor Thread Starter

For the last week or so my computer has been acting extremelt funny. One day my comp just shutdown and displayed the "no operating system" on a black screen. So I did a factory restore with my official HP disc that were sent to me. Well everything went through just fine, but a day or so later it displayed the same message. So I did a diagnostics test on my comp and got the error message BIOSHD-2, and another time I got a error message of BIOSHD-8. So needless to say I've done quite a bit of restoring my comp, and it doesn't seem to be working. Also I noticed that when I try and let the computer install the updates from windows recommended updates it will get to about 32% and freeze. When I turn the comp off and back on because of that it says in both safe mode, and regular mode "updates failed reverting updates". Well it seems as if though the computer freezes when it does that too. So I figured that there was something wrong with my hard drive, so I bought another one. I hope the new hard drive takes care of this, but I'm wondering if there's anything else that might be wrong. Now I did get mad at my comp a couple of times, and turn it off when I freezes and the screen greys out. So yea!

Also I am using windows 7

HP all in one desktop PC (Model Number) MS227

2. DreadStorm

DreadStorm

First Name:
    Wayne
    Sounds like hard drive failure - including boot sector. Either that or the drive's circuitry is failing. Try swapping out the HDD as a first step to test. (remember to use an EXACT model drive! Most OEM makers are picky that way.) If a restoration and normal operation is successful at that point, problem solved - defective drive.

If you still get issues with a replacement drive, then it's time to call HP for repairs.

On a side note, most idiocies with laptops can be solved with a hard reset. To do that, unplug AC power, remove the battery, and let it sit for 24 hours. If it works fine, remember that trick. It's a really common problem with laptops.
    If it doesn't resolve it, proceed with the above steps anyway, to begin diagnostics.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice