1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP CP2025 Printer wont work on windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by IPSLSignsman, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IPSLSignsman

IPSLSignsman Thread Starter

First Name:
    Lee
    Hello, My HP laser printer CP2025 wont run on window 7 64 bit OS, the PC is HP Z400 workstation. I've tried downloading drivers from HP and the drivers that came with the Printer, its saying that it wont run on windows 7 other than older versions of windows like vista, Xp, there must be a way to run this printer without downgrading the OS, It would be really appreciated if someone can help, technical knowledge is limited.
    please see below and attached error messages displayed when trying to install. thanks problem 2.PNG problem.PNG

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8175 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (413 GB Free); E: 298 GB (241 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0B4Ch
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Disabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not sure what you mean by a printer to "run" on a computer, but in your case, according to your screen shots, it is not even installing. I assume that HP stopped providing drivers after Vista.

Back when Windows 7 was fairly new I had success a couple times installing old stuff by right clicking on the installation program and "Troubleshoot compatibility." I'd first let it make its own choice; then would try "Vista" and "XP." Most times that failed, but the only cost was a little time.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    snuffleufflegus likes this.
  4. IPSLSignsman

First Name:
    Lee
    Thanks for your feedback, I'll give it go, I meant the printer won't work(run) on Windows 7, yes the software that came with the printer will not install, just keep getting those error messages. Thanks

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    FYI, I have a HP LaserJet CP2025 and it worked under Windows 7, 8.1, and now Windows 10. You just need to use the universal HP drivers.

6. IPSLSignsman

First Name:
    Lee
    Thank you Rob that Proved to be very helpful, I downloaded the PCL6 driver and didn't have any joy until I found out the USB to printer lead wasn't working,
    I put a new one in and the driver you suggested worked straight away, Thanks again you've just saved me from buying a new laser printer. all the best Lee

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice