Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 3650 won't print or turn off

6K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Emtronics 
#1 ·
Hi, just had printer delivered and it won't print, gives constant paper jam errors when there aren't any paper jams, won't turn off and the light won't stop flashing. When says onscreen that it's deleting printjob, takes forever, and am having to reboot computer a couple of times before printjob finally isn't listed. Only way can turn printer off is to unplug power. Haven't been able to print anything, even when the paper jam messages aren't coming up and it looks onscreen as if it's printing.

Cartridges don't seem to be sitting right ... would have thought would be fully underneath at the left, but one cartridge is showing, and every time I try to press the power-off button or cancel-button, the cartridges clunk as if are trying to sit underneath, but don't. Not sure if printer's taken a bash on way here; box was bit old-looking. Have looked at all the information, and have emailed HP's tech support, but no idea how long it could be until hear back, so wanted to post as had very helpful replies previously. Fed up, got some stuff really need to print out!
Thanks, Cat

#2 ·
Inspect the printer carefully. I have seen paper jams the result of not removing all the shipping tape from inside the printer. It seems there is always a piece somewhere, so make sure you have looked and removed the back "jam" panel.

The cartridges should seat all the way in and if they are not then there is a problem. Again, make sure all the packaging tape has been removed as have the cartridge seals. I'm sure you checked as you wouldn't have posted here. :D At any rate, HP has an 800 number in the US and they should have some number for the UK and I'd be on it if it was my printer. Just out of the box, yours appears to be damaged, so give them a call. They should ship another ASAP while yours is on it's way back.

#3 ·
Hi Emtronics, thanks for helpful message. Confirmed what I thought. Had 2 emails from HP but from two different people telling me do same things, and not properly picking up on the things am saying are wrong! Agree it's most probably damaged, so it's definitely going back asap! Thanks again, Cat

#4 ·
You're welcome Cat. Sorry about your printer and sounding so..."HP". :D One of the drawbacks of getting something like a printer via the mail. Good Luck

#5 ·
Thanks Emtronics. Was doubly surprised about printer, as had no problems with anything from Littlewoods before ... has a really good name over here. They've been fine about collecting it and refunding, so there's a happy ending. Off to find an Epson! All the best, Cat

#7 ·
oops, didn't realise'd used a swear word! :) Had an Epson that was really reliable for long time, until it broke that is! Looking at Canons too, so will see which is best price [cheap!] and gets most good reviews. Presume your printer isn't an Epson then?! Cat

#8 ·
My opinion means nothing. Buy what you think is best for your needs. :D Consider ink cartridge costs though. Some Cannons have to have the head assm'y replaced every so often. All of them over price the ink cartridges, so.... BTW, I am an H/P fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.