1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp deskjet 3820 won't power up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mtodd51, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtodd51

mtodd51 Thread Starter

Ii couldn't get anywhere with hp on-line support, maybe someone here has an idea. I powered off hp3820, and unplugged it to set up another printer. It was working fine prior to that. Now when I plug it in, I get nothing, no lights at all... even without printer cable hooked up. Is there some kind of "open cover" switch that might be stuck, preventing power up? Is there a fuse that I can check? I did check power cord and it's good. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. n2gun

n2gun

First, are any fans running?

Also Check the switch on the back to make sure you didn't accidently turn it off or set it the wrong voltage. There are separate switches for that. One marked 110 and 220 plus an on-off switch. If your in the states the one should be set to 110 (these may show as 120 and 240 also then choose 120).

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    How did you make sure the power supply is good? Did you have another HP printer to check it on? Does this one have the power cord that can be detached from the power supply? Make sure you have no corrosion on the contacts I have had those power supplies go bad before.

4. mtodd51

mtodd51 Thread Starter

There are no fans running, and on the hp3820 there are no switches on the back for power or for voltage. I checked the power cord, which is detachable, with an ohm meter.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It may be the power supply it self. Unless you have another printer that uses this same power supply handy, you can test the power out it should be about 15V to 18V at the printer connector.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice