Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 3820c wont print

941 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Headbangor 
#1 ·
I just changed the cartridges on my HP Deskjet 3820c and now it will not print,anything! This is my second HP printer so I know about changing cartridges.I have tried the color cartridge in another printer so I'm sure the color cart is OK,not sure about black.Both are new,not refilled.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers,I switched from Parallel to usb,performed a hard boot on the printer and tried to print a self test page recommended by HP.I have unplugged the printer,removed the cartridges,plugged in the printer and reinstalled the cartridges.I made sure that the copper strips were clean and undamaged.I cant get any useful help from HP without paying up front. Any Ideas? I have an Athlon 1GHZ on an elements 830cn Motherboard with an SIS 730 chipset,256MB ram,a WDC 40 GB HD,Maxtor 15 GB HD.

#3 ·
I bought the printer at best buy on January 15 of this year.I got the black cartridge as part of a combo pack.the printer will not print even the self test page while unplugged from my computer.I guess that the black cartridge could be bad but i'd hate to spend the 30 bucks to find out.

#4 ·
True indeed - if its under a year old HP support should be free - their phone support is pretty good. Any flashing lights on the printer? When you open the cover, the cartridges should come into the center(roughly) or are they already sitting there? Is there little pictures inside the cover with a picture of a cartidge and a face - it should tell what cartridge is the problem. Also if there is a thin clear cable running behind the cartridge holder make sure its straight - try plucking it.

#5 ·
90 days is the cutoff.I didn't know what the pictures meant,thanks.The cartridges will not come to the center like they are supposed to unless I first turn off the printer then open the cover and turn it back on.If the black cartridge is bad,I'll have to figure out how to get a replacement. I'll let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.