1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet 3845 won't print after deleting hp driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mculls, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mculls

mculls Thread Starter

Hi,
    Been using HP Deskjet 3845-works well until I accidentally deleted the HP driver 14mb's in my downloads-I restored it but now, it is not printing and I have flashing green light--any tips?
    Thanks

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. mculls

mculls Thread Starter

re-installed, it printed one test paper then jammed? I have 9 pending and green light flashing again

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Try to cancel all of the pending, then reboot computer and see how it goes.

5. mculls

mculls Thread Starter

rebooted---went to print something-got mechanism error message--The Print Cartridge cradle cannot move---there doesn't seem to be a paper jam

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Try the link I provided and use the "solve a problem "feature to see if you can correct the problem.

7. mculls

mculls Thread Starter

did the HP print and scan doctor---it did print a test page but when I tried to print a photo-I got Device Error detected-Your printers carriage is not able to move freely-----I don't understand because I was able to print before all this started-now the green light is flashing again

8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    How long have you had this printer? Hopefully one of the Tech's will have some idea's for you.

9. valis

valis Moderator

if you still have the install disk, install the software suite from there....if you don't, dump all the printer software you have installed and go to the HP site and download the full software suite....HP printers are notorious for coming with bloatware, but somewhere buried in that bloatware is the correct file you need, as this sounds like a driver issue.

10. mculls

mculls Thread Starter

What about the "Device Error Detected" message I received? I did download the driver from the HP site but the problem started when I went to clear some space and deleted it-I then restored it but have had problems since-it has printed 2 test pages--thanks

11. mculls

mculls Thread Starter

re-installed driver----now getting message "The device is out of paper"----but there is paper in there, this printer is becoming real annoying--any suggestions?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1116639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice