Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 3845 won't print after deleting hp driver

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  mculls 
#1 ·
Hi,
Been using HP Deskjet 3845-works well until I accidentally deleted the HP driver 14mb's in my downloads-I restored it but now, it is not printing and I have flashing green light--any tips?
Thanks

#7 ·
did the HP print and scan doctor---it did print a test page but when I tried to print a photo-I got Device Error detected-Your printers carriage is not able to move freely-----I don't understand because I was able to print before all this started-now the green light is flashing again

#9 ·
if you still have the install disk, install the software suite from there....if you don't, dump all the printer software you have installed and go to the HP site and download the full software suite....HP printers are notorious for coming with bloatware, but somewhere buried in that bloatware is the correct file you need, as this sounds like a driver issue.

#10 ·
What about the "Device Error Detected" message I received? I did download the driver from the HP site but the problem started when I went to clear some space and deleted it-I then restored it but have had problems since-it has printed 2 test pages--thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.