1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet 450 locks up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MCP, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCP

MCP Thread Starter

I'm using a HP Deskjet 450, and every time I try to print on anything besides regular white (8.5x11) paper it locks up. Like it'll lock up if I try to print on thin card stock for business cards, what I'm trying to print now are address label. And it seems to lock up every time as soon as it starts to feed the paper a couple of inches. I was able to do this just fine on my old printer. :(

Any suggestions? Is the printer broken?

2. mrosehutchinson

mrosehutchinson

Can you print at all with your new printer? Did you buy the printer version of the card paper? (I don't think it really matters) It could be a number of things:
    The paper is too heavy (I know that, that could cause a problem)
    It could be that something minute could be in the printer causing it to hang...

3. MCP

MCP Thread Starter

Yes, it will print, but only on regular, white printer/copier paper.
    I use Avery band for cardstock and address labels. As far as I know it's designed to go through printers.

Thanks for the thoughts, though. Any other ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice