HP Deskjet 500 Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

easylivin

I'm running Win XP Pro on an AMD 2000 Thunderbird with 512mb memory. I have an HP Deskjet 500 running on my parallel port. The printer is working fine, but whenever I send something to the printer, my system practically comes to a standstill until the printing is complete. Seems like this should not be happening? I went to the HP web site to get a newer printer driver and it shows one available, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the +_)(*&^%$#@! to download!

easylivin

Okay, tried the HP website, but with same result...the update I want appears to be there, but there appears to be no way to download it?

easylivin

Okay. After further research, it appears I have the most current driver for this printer...came with Win XP Pro CD. I still have the problem where my printer seems to takeover my PC whenever I print anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online