1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet 500 Printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by easylivin, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. easylivin

easylivin Thread Starter

I'm running Win XP Pro on an AMD 2000 Thunderbird with 512mb memory. I have an HP Deskjet 500 running on my parallel port. The printer is working fine, but whenever I send something to the printer, my system practically comes to a standstill until the printing is complete. Seems like this should not be happening? I went to the HP web site to get a newer printer driver and it shows one available, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the +_)(*&^%$#@! to download!

2. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

3. easylivin

easylivin Thread Starter

Okay, tried the HP website, but with same result...the update I want appears to be there, but there appears to be no way to download it?

4. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

ok its not there sorry

5. easylivin

easylivin Thread Starter

Okay. After further research, it appears I have the most current driver for this printer...came with Win XP Pro CD. I still have the problem where my printer seems to takeover my PC whenever I print anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/127692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice