Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 510 Print Queue not accepting jobs

850 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Snapdragon 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm hoping someone here has some better ideas - I'm pretty tech savvy and this one has me totally defeated.

I have a home business and I use a wide format printer, an HP Deskjet 510c that was working great via a small print server running on a Raspberry Pi until 2 days ago. I was experiencing some lag with a software program that is specific to my business and my husband decided he would be helpful and "fix" it. He has no idea what he did but now I can't print to this printer even when it's directly connected to my PC.

I am not having any issues printing to the other printer, a wireless standard-size laser printer.

Jobs just don't show up in the queue at any paper size other than 8.5 x 11 when the printer only has a 42" roll, not 8.5 x 11 sheets. There seems to be no way to tell it that it contains a roll because when I select the correct paper size from the print dialog box, it simply doesn't put the job in the queue. The printer itself is set up for the roll and knows the roll is there. I can get it to print a test page or a single line of text from notepad, provided I tell it the media size is 8.5 x 11, which it then prints on a 42" x 11" strip of paper without protest.

What we've tried:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Printer no longer has drivers on HP's website so apparently husband found one on some 3rd party site (sigh).

2. Updated all relevant software and windows updates

3. Disconnected the print server and connected the printer via USB. No change.

I think what I need is some setting buried in the driver to tell it that the media type is a roll of paper instead of sheets, but I haven't been able to find that. Any thoughts? I am dead in the water with clients waiting on products until I can get this resolved.

System specs:
Windows 7 Professional, SP1 64 Bit
Processor: AMD FX-6200 4.08 GHz
RAM: 24 GB

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer!

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Well you should try that driver then
I cannot understand how your husband reported that HP did not have drivers for the model, unless he was searching deskjet

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.