1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp deskjet 5550 - keeps installing in FRENCH!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bleepster, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

I just bought a new HP computer
    running WIN XP SP1
    160 gig hd
    1 gig mem
    p4 3.4 ghz

i had an existing hp deskjet 5550 that i used on my old win 2k system

when i installed it on my new computer it installed o.k. i wanted to print out some digital photos, and when i went into "print" then selected "options" to change from "fast draft" to the highest setting (cant rememebr the name) that tab was all in french. nothing else was in french but the "options tab"

weird.

i deleted the printer, reinstalled - ALL was in english for a few days. i had to reboot the system, when XP came up, it said it "detected new hardware" (my printer) - next thing i know - i am back to french.

i called HP printer support and they wanted $30 - forget that

i went thru all my windows settings and everything appears fine.

i get this in french with ALL programs that allow me to print.

any thoughts? i am at work now, and i just downloaded a driver update for win xp for the deskjet 5550 - maybe this will fix my problem???

help :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

I would uninstall it until such time as you have updated the operating system to SP2 and added all of the more recent updates. Then try again.

"I just downloaded a driver update for win XP for the Deskjet 5550 - maybe this will fix my problem."

Usually. Let's just hope so. :)

3. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

will install the update - and let you know the out come

very leary about SP2 at this point

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

I have an XP Professional CD which includes SP2.

Works perfectly with my software.

5. bleepster

bleepster Thread Starter

i went to MS website and there are about 14 other downloads i need to do PRIOR to SP2 for a HP computer.

6. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

SP2 has all of these SP1 updates included in it so you only need to apply SP2.

When I made the slipstreamed XPSP2 CD using AutoSreamer 1ยท0 I only had to merge the core files of my XP CD together with the SP2 files, then burn the XPSP2 CD from the .ISO image which AutoStreamer makes for you.

Takes about 25 minutes plus the burn time.

With HP you may have an OEM install. When I do a clean OEM install I run one of the freely available SP2 CDs immediately after installing the main operating system. Then I update the AV, run a scan, and if it all checks out OK, add all of the other OS updates before doing anything else.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/315115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice