1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet 5550 Printer spews extra blank page

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by crisbastap, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crisbastap

crisbastap Thread Starter

I have an HP Deskjet 5550 printer that sends out a blank page with every one it prints. I've checked to make sure I have the most current driver, so that's not the problem. Any ideas?

2. BigTex

BigTex

Is this a new printer or an old printer? And what OS are you running?

3. crisbastap

The printer is about a year old. I'm running WinXP Home.

4. shadowcat

shadowcat

Are you using a serial printer cable or usb cable? I have the same printer and found that this printer does some odd things with a serial printer cable, such as:

- will no shut off if the computer is off (even when pressing the power button).
    - occassionally spits out blank pages.

One day, I decided to switch to a USB printer cable and it's been running fine since (go figure :rolleyes: )

Before you run out to get a new cable, though, does the printer do this all the time with any print document or just certain things?

5. crisbastap

This printer is connected with USB. It does not send out a blank page if I just print one thing (one copy of one page), but it always does it if I print out more than one page.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice