HP Deskjet 6127 - USB - Windows XP Pro - The I/O operation has been aborted...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StumpedTechy

Okay I have a user that used to have an HP 5600 series USB printer. This was giving her problems (on both a parallel port and on a USB port). So she went out and bought a HP 6127. Now I have installed printer drivers 100's of times over without a problem (especially when its from a CD supplied with the printer). This time I followed the instructions and I get to pick the drivers and it starts to copy the files and it goes ot the following error.

Cannot Install this Hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware
HPDeskjet 6127
An Error Occured During the Installation of this device.
The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

I have done google searches and checked the HP website an found nothing. I know the USB portion is working fine because i have a USB mouse in one port and have even swapped it to make sure its not the port. As well I uninstalled and reinstalled the USB printing service from the Device manager with no change in the error. There are no other local printers but a bunch of network printers none of them on local ports. This 6127 does not have any parrallel connection so I can't even change it to see if its a bad port on the printer side.

Any other ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online