Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 697C will not print in color

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KraftyOne 
#1 ·
My HP 697C printer will not print anything in color. The default settings under printer properties show to be "Normal" and *Automatic". I just read on one of your threads that it is important to occasionally print in color to prevent the cartridge from drying out - I was unaware of this and I usually change the settings each time to "EconoFast" and "Print in Grayscale" when I print web pages and etc. The color cartridge is about a year old and very seldom used, The last time I remember actually printing in color was probably about 2-3 months ago, and prior to that I had never experienced this type of problem. I did not notice any changes in the quality of the color at that time (fading etc.) When a cartridge dries out does it happen gradually with the color fading with each printed page or what ?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

KraftyOne

#2 ·
Hi Kraft
Yes a color cartridge can just dry out quickly and not work. You should try printing a test page from your printer to double check. Most HP printers have some type of self test print you can run by pushing the buttons on the control panel. Check in your instruction book to find out how to run yours. If you still have no color you know its not windows or a driver causing you a problem. BOL

#3 ·
Another thing that has worked for me, take out the color cartridge, it probably has a bunch of gunky ink both on it and in the slot that it came out of. Take some alcohol (rubbing that is) on a q-tip and gently (gently being key word here), clean the cartridge, and the socket, replace and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.