Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hp deskjet 697c won't print

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ninachuck 
#1 ·
I bought an hp deskjet 697c printer from the thrift store w/no paper work manual or disc...it turns on & installed to my computer but won't print anything even a test page. On the spool it just says error & a balloon comes up that says printer failed to print document. I pushed the resume button & a page printed that said paper mismatch so I kno it works but why won't it print anything I send to it. I have done numerous troubleshooting...restarting computer...reseting printer..reinstalling port...changing ports...changing spool properties...checked all plugs & cables...ink is full & properly installed...i was going to install a new or different driver but it says that the proper driver is installed for this printer for windows xp which is what I have...nothing seems to work. Please help me resolve this problem I don't kno what else to try...Thank you

#3 ·
It says the best driver is already installed & i redid that 1 anyway & there is no difference...the only thing it prints now is like 2 sentences of the test page @ least thats what I think it's printing & then sounds like it's printing more but the rest of the page is blank...HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.