1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP deskjet 722 suddenly quit printing on Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flamingorose, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamingorose

flamingorose Thread Starter

I recently got a new computer loaded with Vista (64 bit). I plugged in my HP deskjet 722c and it worked just fine for a couple of weeks. When my husband recently downloaded a HP update on his computer for his printer which is a HP Photosmart c7100 all in one, my computer quit working.

We have DSL through Embarq (previously Sprint) and are hooked up on a router/modem, but we do not have shared printing (that I know of)

What my printer does: when I send something to print, it looks like it is spooling. And it prints out one blank page regardless of the size of the document. At the same time, the top light starts blinking like it is waiting to print. The print status que claims that the job has completed.

I worked through all of the steps listed on the HP site to deal with this problem but none of the suggested remedies worked because everything is actually set up like it claims it needs to be.

Any suggestions? I don't really want to buy a new printer because it sounds like Vista has printer problems period. Is it just Vista?

2. Bigfella

Bigfella

Hi if your printer is hooked up to your computer in vista then you need to go to the control panel and click on clasic mode on the upper left hand side of the window. Then click on the device manager. When in the device manager you have to click on the view menu and then view all. You must do this in order to see the printer. Right click on the printer and then click update driver and install the old driver.

Important
    Make sure the driver and or firmware you sellected is the correct one.

If you did not install a firmware update then this should fix the problem. If you installed a firm ware patch then find an older one if your seccond attempt at installing the same firm ware patch doesn't work.

If your printer is a network printer then you may have to install an older copy of the firm ware or attempt the latest patch again.

3. flamingorose

flamingorose Thread Starter

Bigfella,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did what you said. I got a message that the latest software was installed. I tried printing again, but get the exact same response. The top light on the printer blinks like there is something in the spool, but if I turn it off, it prints one blank page.

The printer view looks like the job is completed. Can you think of any other things that might cause this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice