HP DeskJet 722C Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shortcut

After I re-filled my black ink cartridge (for about the 5th time) I get an INCORRECT INSTALLATION message on my screen.

I have re-installed the cartridge several times, cleaned and checked all the connect pins and even put in a new HP 45 black cartridge. No help!

The material prints jut fine if I press the OK on the message and in fact prints ok even if I don't press OK.

IDEAS?

Thanks,
shortcut

I refilled my cartridges for a couple of years with a 722 and now with a 930 and never got that indication. Have you tried running the align procedure in the toolbox. It reminded me of that every time I replaced the cartridge.

Do you have the latest driver from HP? It improved the skin tones printing at photo quality. A new driver or reinstallation might clear it up.

shortcut

Thanks for the try folks but no cigar. V10.3 doesn't do the trick.. I can't help but think the problem is in the printer.

But thanks anyhow.

shortcut

Shortcut
If you have done all the above and also tried a new cartridge,
try cleaning the contacts on the print cartridge carrier. If that fails
it may be a physical problem with the printer. However you will not know that for sure unless you uninstall and reinstall the printer from scratch. Use the Add/remove programs and follow the install instructions for HP. Some Hp's require you to load software without printer hooked up and will ask you to hookup during install. After that make sure your drivers are updated.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online