1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP DeskJet 722C Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shortcut, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shortcut

shortcut Thread Starter

After I re-filled my black ink cartridge (for about the 5th time) I get an INCORRECT INSTALLATION message on my screen.

I have re-installed the cartridge several times, cleaned and checked all the connect pins and even put in a new HP 45 black cartridge. No help!

The material prints jut fine if I press the OK on the message and in fact prints ok even if I don't press OK.

IDEAS?

Thanks,
    shortcut

2. slipe

slipe

I refilled my cartridges for a couple of years with a 722 and now with a 930 and never got that indication. Have you tried running the align procedure in the toolbox. It reminded me of that every time I replaced the cartridge.

Do you have the latest driver from HP? It improved the skin tones printing at photo quality. A new driver or reinstallation might clear it up.

3. john_waldrum

john_waldrum

4. shortcut

shortcut Thread Starter

Thanks for the try folks but no cigar. V10.3 doesn't do the trick.. I can't help but think the problem is in the printer.

But thanks anyhow.

shortcut

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Shortcut
    If you have done all the above and also tried a new cartridge,
    try cleaning the contacts on the print cartridge carrier. If that fails
    it may be a physical problem with the printer. However you will not know that for sure unless you uninstall and reinstall the printer from scratch. Use the Add/remove programs and follow the install instructions for HP. Some Hp's require you to load software without printer hooked up and will ask you to hookup during install. After that make sure your drivers are updated.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Dave

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice