Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP DeskJet 932C new color cartridge --only prints in black and white

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kwalk1313 
#1 ·
The celephane has been removed from cartridge and the advanced tab has color
selected under printer. The Windows 98 Printer Test Page indicates
Color Support: No Cannot find printer instructions.... any ideas?

#2 ·
The only thoughts I have are:

I have the same printer.On a number of occasions,using a non hp cartridge,I had the same problem.Now I us e HP only and no problem.

You could also try an delete/re install of the printer and see if that clears the problem.If you are using w98,the plug and play may or may not install your printer successfully so you may have to end up doing a manual install(just FYI)

Good luck

#4 ·
If you go from Start/Settings/Printers and Faxes/ and then select your printer, and then select file/properties/General/Printer preferences, you will find that you have the option to select "print in grayscale." If that option is selected, it would account for only getting black and white - so unselct it.

#5 ·
Thanks for responding....cannot find grayscale option...I have Windows 98SE & do not see any color option except under Printer in advanced which is selected concerning images and backgrounds. Cannot find printer instructions and HP help has been prompt but didn't apply to my computer. I think I've changed a setting by mistake. If you have any other suggestions please send. thanks

#6 ·
The only thoughts I have are:

I have the same printer.On a number of occasions,using a non hp cartridge,I had the same problem.Now I us e HP only and no problem.

You could also try an delete/re install of the printer and see if that clears the problem.If you are using w98,the plug and play may or may not install your printer successfully so you may have to end up doing a manual install(just FYI)

Good luck

#7 ·
Thanks for your help..tried to install printer but had no luck...lost directions for installation.
Elder suggested making sure grayscale wasn't selected but couldn't find it in WindowsSE.
I think I've messed up some selection because the printer came out with a test showing colors. Will keep trying... thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.