1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet 932C Printer Problem - won't print since I changed browsers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Carol1247, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Carol1247

Carol1247 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carol
    Hi Folks,

After I installed the new Mozilla Firefox browser, I've been unable to print. I don't know how that could happen -- I don't see the connection. I tried reinstalling the printer software, but that didn't work.

Do you folks have any idea what could have happened?

Thanks in advance!

2. xGunslinger

xGunslinger

I'm not familiar with the Mozilla Firefox browser but you might try uninstalling it and trying another browser to make sure that the instalation of that browser is what the problem is because it is alwasy possible that the printer is having resource conflicts with other devices.

3. Carol1247

Carol1247 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carol
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I wish there was some way to just fix the printing problem w/o having to uninstall Firefox. It's such a great browser - no pop ups, good features, etc.

Isn't there some other way to fix the print problem? Should I contact HP?

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

you can always reinstall firefox...

uninstalling firefox is the first quick check you can do yourself

contact HP if you like...good luck

I have this same printer and firefox on one machine with no trouble

buck

5. arvindb2

arvindb2

Follow Add printer / Port : LPT/USB (LPT for parallel cable) / Diver HP : HP Deskjet 550C and start printing ... will definitely work.

6. winbob

winbob

Carol,

Yes, there are some differences in the printing with Firefox versus IE. When YOU request a Print is the Window different than it used to be, or doesn't the Print Window appear at all? Please clarify.

Have you tried printing anything from WITHIN Firefox? I use "Print to File" a lot for Confirmation Pages, and found that those saved Print Files go to a Folder in the Program Files\Firefox path rather than in a Windows' Folder. That fooled me at first.

7. Carol1247

Carol1247 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carol
    Well, the problem was that darn Kodak SW that I've been using for photo albums. I loaded another kind of photo SW a while back and it goofed up my computer then, too.

I printed all the suggestions in this thread (thanks, folks!) and I'll keep them for reference.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice