1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP deskjet 932c printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JCross, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JCross

JCross Thread Starter

I have a HP deskjet 932c which I just reinstalled, because I had to reintalled windows 98SE. Now my printer spits out a sheet of paper on reboot/startup, printer prints very slow and settings are on normal print, and when I print from the web the page starts to print, but if I close the IE window the print job print characters and not the text. I have a cable connection, I thought the job would be in the printer que and I could close the window.

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, 40 gb hd, 128mb, pent 3 processor.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks
    Jim :confused:

2. catlady13

catlady13

Hi JCross, I have the identical printer . Is it USB? I know I so often have made the mistake when I have reformatted of NOT remembering to unplug my USB printer from my computer. WIndows then puts in its own drivers and your installing the true drivers over top DOES NOT WORK. You have to go to the HP site if this has happened and use their deinstall usb drivers application ... and then reinstall properly according to their directions
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=61236&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=20
    This is the page with the drivers AND the usb uninstall utility. You have to use that first according to their directions and then follow the directions exactly for reinstalling. I hope this helps.
    Linda

3. catlady13

catlady13

PS I know it says 930 C but it is the same thing and it works ..

4. JCross

JCross Thread Starter

It's not a USB conection, I installed the drivers from the oringal HP cd that originally came with the printer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice