Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 950C NOT printing COLOR ??

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Deathblow 
#1 ·
I own an HP Deskjet 950c color printer. I recently installed a new color ink color cartridge and find the printer still not printing any color. The old ink cartridge is an HP c6578d, which worked fine, and the new cartridge is an unknown brand with the id: HP C6578D Replacement Cartridge (High Quality).

I've tried soaking the ink head nozzle in rubbing alcohol and dabbing it onto a paper towel. I've spotted red streaks. My Windows 2000 pro OS has the latest drivers and is capable of printing b&w docs.

Perhaps the new ink catridge is not compatible despite the same id ??

#2 ·
I had tried several color cartridges from remanufactureing companies. None of them even came close to working like the HP cartridges. Most of them would only work for a few pages and then stop and nothing would get them going again.
I now only use the HP cartridges and never had a problem with them.

#3 ·
I have the 940c, and had the same problem. First, is there any orange or flashing lights on the printer when it's not printing? Second, did you look at the little metallic strip on the back of the cartridge and compare it to the one you replaced it with? I had a cartridge that was supposed to be the same but was off by like 2 contacts on the back, which caused it not to function.

As for re-manufactured cartridges, I have been using atlas business system ones now for about a decade, and have had very few problems. My cartridges last as long or longer than the genuine HP ones I've used, although drying times aren't quite as fast.

#5 ·
Thanks for the response.

The Deskjet 950c does NOT have any orange light flashing while printing or not printing. The HP toolbox utility, oddly enough, always reports the color and b&w ink catridges as 90% full even when i install proven empty catridges. The b&w catridge works fine, after a refill using the original catridge (the newer catridge just didnt work for me). However the color catridge has never worked since it ran out of ink. Replacing the old cart with the newer one (same model and backside metal contacts) resulted in no color printing.

I was hoping the color cart was acting the same way as the b&w -- the old color cart needed to be refilled & resinstalled. I was hoping i could use a syringe to suck out the 3 colors from the newly opened color ink cart and squirt it into the old empty one. No luck as there appears to be some kind of sponge in the new cart... I dont want to waste any more money on the color side if my "printer" has a physical problem.

I should add that the newer color ink cart had a single metal contact that appeared to be pitted a bit deeper than the equivalent contact on the older cart.

#6 ·
Well, I would suggest, if the printer is out of warranty, try returning/exchanging the new cart from wherever you got it before you write the printer off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.