1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet 952C printer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Lori 1, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I hope someone can help me with this problem. my Printer has worked fine up until the last few days. So I deleted it and am trying to reinstall it, with no luck. This is the error message I get when I try to reinstall my printer, this is the error message I get.

This printer cannot be installed now because it's driver.
    {You_must_use_the_supplied_setup_program_to_install-this_
    printer!} could not be loaded.
    The driver or the INF file may be damaged. Restart Windows, and then try again.
    I have tried restarting and tried over and over and it still won't work. I have the setup CD, but it still won't install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. raybro

raybro

Describe whta you did, exactly, to "delete" the printer.

3. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I removed it from ,add and remove in my control panel

4. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

what is the INF that it said may be damaged?

5. slipe

slipe

Try downloading the latest driver for your OS: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...tware&prodId=hpdeskjet919040&sw_lang=en&cc=us

INF is usually just the autorun for the CD. If you get the message when you insert your CD go to Windows Explorer and select the CD-ROM drive with the CD in it. It will show the contents. Look for a Setup.exe file and click on it if you want the driver from the CD. It is probably better to use the downloaded drivers though.

The driver that came with the burner probably installs differently according to whether it is hooked up USB or through the parallel printer port. If you are hooked up through the printer port you can probably just install the software. If you are hooked up USB I think you will have to go to the printers folder in Control Panel and delete any instances of your printer and reboot. Windows will then detect the printer and you can install using the instructions that came with the printer.

For the HP930 the new drivers seem to be different in that the driver will install as normal software regardless of connection. Look for the instructions when you get to the driver for your specific operating system.

6. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I just got back to the post, after I tried to install again. and ta da ,lol I got it installed, heres what I did. I closed down all my programs,turned the printer on put the CD in and went to my computer and clicked on my D drive and it opened the CD, and I clicked on setup. and it installed it all and printed off a test page.
    So I guess it's fixed.: ) But do you think I should see if maybe theres an upodated driver?

7. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Hey Snipe, whats my OS driver? and should I download it?

8. slipe

slipe

I would leave well enough alone. The new driver gave me a different properties menu for the printer that I like a little better, but nothing worth messing with.

OS is your operating system – since you didn’t say what it is I linked the page with all of them for your printer.

Thanks for the feedback on how you got it working.

9. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Version 4.3.0.0 of the software and drivers for the HP DeskJet 952C have been out since November 2001, if you're still using the older version.

Uninstall the old version, reboot, install the new version, then reboot again.

The newer version can be downloaded from here.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
    (A HP 952C user)

10. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I just tried to print something, and the first page was fine, then all of a sudden, I got an error and hearts and odd looking letters started printing out, and finally I had to shut it off. : ( Flavallee, Im not sure what you mean in your reply. Could you please explain to me?

11. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I think my CD is fairly new, driver etc. The printer is almost new was given to me by a friend.

12. slipe

slipe

His link takes you to the same drivers as mine did – I don’t think he’s read anything but the first post in the thread. At this point I would recommend the drivers from the HP site if the printer still isn’t working.

13. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Thanks Slipe, I looked at the sight the url, but those drivers are from past time, like 2001 etc to be honest, I was confused when I looked at it.

14. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

well the problem, got even worse last night to the point, I had made so many changes yesterday, That when I would open a web page, it would just disappear, and a hs_err would be left on my desktop. So I used my go back, and went back to yesterday morning when I got up. So went back to the starting point. :(
    Any suggestions?

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/154715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice