1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet F2180 Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benjamino, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. benjamino

benjamino Thread Starter

I had to uninstall my HP Deskjst F2180 Printer as it wouldn't let me scan or copy documents.
    After uninstalling everything I then re-installed using the CD provided, however the computer doesn't recognise that the printer is connected and won't install it.

I have followed the instructions as per the CD, but to no avail. I have tried the USB cable in different ports on the computer, but that also doesn't work.
    I've also been on the HP website to try and find any new updates that the printer may require, but this to doesn't work. I have tried using a different USB cable but again nothing. I know the cable works as I have tried it with something else.

Can anyone please help or give advice. I really need my printer to work and can't really afford to replace it as it is only about 18 months old.

I have a DELL Dimensions 5000 PC that is running on Windows XP.

Cheers guys

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did you uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot?

3. benjamino

benjamino Thread Starter

Yes I did that.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

When you buy hardware, you should never use the CD provided unless it is a last resort. The CD';s are created before the machines even go to market and generally have buggy and initial-release software on them. Always go to the manufacturer's web site and download the most recent versions.

Try removing all traces of the printer from your machine through the Printers applet in Control Panel. Download the most recent version of the driver software (What do you mean it doesn't work?)?

Are you using software intended for the version and service-pack level of your instalkled operating system?

Do other USB devices work all right?

5. benjamino

benjamino Thread Starter

I will give it a try and let you know how it went.
    Cheers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice