1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet Printer Doesnt Show Up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Mike54, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mike54

Mike54 Thread Starter

I've got a HP Deskjet F380 and im running Windows Vista Home Premium.

I plug in my printer, and it makes no 'da-nu' as it normally would when you plug in any USB device, and nothing shows up in printers or anything.

When I unplug it it makes the 'na-na' sound as it normally would if you take a USB device out..

I've got the Windows Vista drivers from HP, but still no luck. (n)

Thanks for reading!
    - Mike (y)

2. tech13

tech13

If you plugged in the printer before without the drivers being installed it would have installed default drivers which are non-compatible for the device and linked it with that USB port. make sure all peripherials are unplugged, uninstall and reinstall the vista drivers for your printer, and plug the printer into a DIFFERENT usb port.

installing driver instructions:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1128296&os=2093&lang=en

3. Mike54

Mike54 Thread Starter

Thanks for that, I removed all of it, installed the Vista drivers but when it says please connect your printer, it says printer found, then freezes.. :(

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I would uninstall the drivers -- do a system restore if possible to a date before you ever first tried to even connect the printer -- then reinstall the drivers and try again. Make sure you are connecting directly to a port that you know to work and not through a hub.

Also it might be best to have UAC temporarily enabled during the install if you have disabled it -- I have seen issues with this being disabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/598530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice