1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Deskjet printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dickersonn, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dickersonn

dickersonn Thread Starter

I have a Windows XP with a HP Deskjet 895cse printer. My printer will print from the Internet but makes all the right noises but prints nothing from MS Word.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer but that does not fix the problem. Any suggestions? Also, I can not find HP toolbox.

In an effort to clean up my computer so that it would not run so slowly, I ran defrag and removed a number of old programs that were only frequently used. Prior to all the cleanup, this printer performed very well.
    Thanks,

2. cheaseeater

cheaseeater

I think you probably have a registry problem, since you removed some of your old programs. Do you have a system restore point that you can roll back to?

3. dickersonn

I don't understand what you mean by a system restore point. Can you explain?

4. dickersonn

cheaseeater,
    I just checked my system restore and it was at max (12% 6861 MB). Is that what you meant?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Run System Restore to restore you computer to a point prior to the clean-up.

6. dickersonn

doublehelix,
    where do I go to do that?

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

8. dickersonn

I tried System Restore to two dates prior to my "cleanup" and my computer was not able to complete a restoration at either date.

It is almost as if the printer is printing in too small a font to read when it prints from Word. Is that possible? The font size of the Word documents is from 8-12. Any ideas?
    :confused:

9. cheaseeater

cheaseeater

Wait, so when it prints from MS Word is it too small or completely blank?

10. dickersonn

Cheeseeater,
    Sometimes the paper is completely blank although the printer makes "printing noises". Sometimes there are thin light dash lines where the words should be. At first, I thought I just needed to change the print cartridges b/c that is the way it will look when the ink is low.

But it will now print every other page fine and do this on alternating pages.:confused:

I have given up on fixing it.

11. cheaseeater

cheaseeater

Eh... it could be the printhead that's broken as well. Have you already thrown it away or can you try printing the test page from the printer itself?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/734487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice