Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet will not print from Desktop but will from laptop

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  huggie54 
#1 ·
HP Deskjet will not print from Desktop but will from laptop
My HP Deskjet will not print from my desktop. I keep getting errors saying it is off or offline, but it is on and status is "ready" on the printers and devices menu. I can print from my laptopthrough the wireless network so I am a little confused. I have done all the HP trouble shooting senarios, uninstalled/reinstalled stopped and started the spooler etc etc. I really need to be able to print from my desktop for my business.
Please help, I really don't think I should have to be a IT to print at home!

See less See more
#2 ·
is the desktop wired to printer or wireless,is the desktop running windows 7 or another os,has the desktop never been able to connect to printer,if you could print from the desktop what has changed,please give as much information as possible makes resolving the issue quicker and easier hopefully.try right clicking in the printer icon and choose "print online" or something similar.

#3 ·
This is a wireless printer (that is how I have printed from laptop AND desktop previously) I have Windows 7 64bit. I was printing fine then nothing .... I did restore to an earlier date when it was working still nothing. I can not get anything to print and have spent about 8 hours over the last 3 days trying to get it fixed.

#4 ·
go to the printers and devices,if your printer is showing then right-click and delete,then go to add/remove and remove any HP printer progs/drivers,reboot your pc,make sure the printer is on,go back to printer and devices and click on the tab "add a printer,windows will search and should discover your printer and install the required drivers.if for some reason it cannot detect your printer go into network and sharing and make sure the network discovery is on,printer sharing on,check other options in here.

#5 ·
Hi,
Thank you for your help still not working though. I am thinking it has something to do with Windows 7? I looked at the setup (ports, security, sharing) etc on the laptop and compared to the desktop and they are all the same. I uninstalled and reinstalled all items associated with the printer two times tonight and still nothing. SO frustrating as I have shipments pending and am unable to print my labels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.