Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet will not print

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jampot 
#1 ·
Hope someone can help as this is driving me mad!

Last night I went to print a document from my printer (HP Deskjet 1360) it failed to print. On checking control panel, the printer was showing as 'offline' but with no means of restoring it on line via right click menu.

I trawled the HP website and downloaded complete set of new Vista compatible drivers/installation software (all 106mb of it!) but printer still failed to print.

This time I received an error message stating that the printer cartridge on the right hand side was 'incompatible' which is confusing as both cartridges are HP originals.

I switched the PC off a while and when I rebooted I noticed that the printer, in Control Panel, was showing as 'ready' however attempting to print bought up the 'incompatible printer cartridge' error message.

I was thinking if the problem could lie with the USB cable linking printer and PC and if it would be worth replacing it. It would be a cheaper option that replacing the printer which I will have to do at this rate.

Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
First if you have access to another pc try connecting (with the same cable) to it and see if it's recognized. That should let you know if the problem lies with the printer or your pc. If it's your pc you could try removing everything HP and starting over.. Also there is a critical upate on HP's support that addresses a connection issue between the printer and the pc. It's here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1119266&lang=en
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.