1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hp desktop went to sleep mode... Help me to wake'r up, pleaseeee!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Marcell, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

I have a Desktop HP A6500f which I purchased brand new in Aug. 2008 and a year later went to SLEEP. I TRIED different MONITOR and nothing. I don't have a recovery disk for that. This PC is running WINDOWS VISTA. Please HELP ME to WAKE this computer up. It won't turn on at all. WHAT CAN I DO?, PLEASE.... TELL ME!!!!
    Will a RECOVERY DISK will solve this problem? If so, how can I make a RECOVERY DISK from my other computer?
    THANKS!!!! ;)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How will you use the disk? Can you boot the machine with it?

You may have a bad connection. Check all cables and the RAM to be sure everything is firmly in its slots. Check the PCI cards and video card, especially if you moved the machine since the video card can pull out of its slot with the heavy cable attached.

3. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Dear Elvandil:
    I am a illliterate! I was thinking that perhaps using the recovery disk would possible help me to solve this problem. In order to do what you suggest, I have to open the PC and be sure that all cables are weel and securelly connected, right?.... I try to do so and'll let you know. Thanks for taking your time to respond!!!!
    any other option?

4. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Elvandil: The machine STARTS. I can see the FAN moving....If I had the recovery disk, perhaps it will help!!! What do you think?

5. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Can someone else help me, PLEASE?

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you see anything on the screen? If not, how will you navigate?

7. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Elvandil: You're right!!! I don't see anything in the monitor....

8. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

Elvandil: Cheked all cables and the RAM and seems all connected right!!! The problem persists. Thanks!!!

9. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

If there is anyway someone can help, please help me!!!! Please!

10. Marcell

Marcell Thread Starter

It is very SAD to know that nobody else seemed to have the desire of helping me, I was expecting to get at least some kind of advice but... :-(
    THANKS TECHGUYS, ANYWAY!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956975