1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by u4metoo, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. u4metoo

u4metoo Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 that is apparently missing drivers and seems the only way to geg back to normal is to do a system recovery. Can I do it with my router attached?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the model name and model number of that HP desktop?

What's the part/product number(P/N) on it?

What version and bit version of Windows 7 is it currently running?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just for your information, please leave the text with its default color of black.

Changing it to a light yellow/orange makes it difficult to read.

3. u4metoo

u4metoo Thread Starter

Model P6720f 64 bit oper sys prod # 000359-oem-8992687-00010
    I have several things that are not working properly ....For instance the computer does not recognize my camera...indicates drivers missing. Want to do a System Recovery in the hopes that the drivers will return intact!!

Thunderbird does not work properly, either (very slow to delete messages, etc....
    U4metoo

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You have a HP Pavilion p6720f (BV532AA ) desktop.

It was introduced in November 2010 and sold in the U.S.A. and Canada and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

There is no webcam/camera software in its list of Windows 7 64-bit drivers, so you must be referring to an external one that you connect to that desktop.

If you haven't created or purchased a system recovery disc kit for that desktop, you need to go here to purchase one.

If that desktop's built-in factory restore partition gets damaged or destroyed, or if its hard drive dies and needs to be replaced, you'll need the system recovery disc kit to get it going again.

Here is the "Troubleshooting - System Recovery/Backup/Restore" section.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It's unlikely that doing a system recovery will resolve your "camera not recognized" issue.

You need to describe your camera so we can hopefully locate the support site for it.

You should've received an owner's manual or some other documentation that shows you how to set it up and use it.

I've never used the Thunderbird email program, so I can't address any issues with it.

5. u4metoo

u4metoo Thread Starter

....The camera I refer to is my Canon Camera. The problem happened when I tried to download pictures from the Camera. I had Canon support on line and they advised me that I had driver problems with a suggestion the I contact the HP people to resolve the issue. Because of the other many problems I have been having, including the one with Thunderbird E-mail I need to look at the recovery. I do have recovery discs and have done it before, but I can not remember if I had to on connect the router while doing this.....Or not...

U4metoo

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I own a Panasonic digital camera.

All I need to do is connect my camera to the computer's USB port, then wait for the camera to be recognized, then turn on the camera, then select the option to transfer photos to the computer, then open the photo folder that appears, then transfer the photos.

My camera comes with software, but it's not needed.

Have you been using any registry/file "cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup" programs?

7. u4metoo

u4metoo Thread Starter

My Camera is a Powershot SX40HS and when I was online with Canon Support the camera was not being recognized by the computer, and therein lies one of my problems! The suggestion was to call HP support, and I have no desire to do that as I have tried them several time in the past for help TO NO AVAIL! That is why I want to do the Recovery and my main concern was the router.. Should I unplug it, or can I do the system recovery just using my recovery disks and not worry about the router. I have done system recoveries in the past,but can't remember what I did about the router.

U4

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

During recovery your router should not matter whether it is plugged in or not. But usually I install Windows while offline.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice