Hp digital camera

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Weezie12

My son gave me his old digital camera, a HP Photosmart 425. He didn't have any of the software that came with it. I looked on the HP website to download the drivers. What I was wondering if I could use any other kind of imaging software, or do I have to use the HP software that came with the camera. Thanks.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You shouldn't need any HP software. Do you have windows XP ???
If you don't have a good Image Viewer ... get the Freeware Irfanview ....
http://www.irfanview.com/

I can’t find any reference to a Photosmart or HP 425 except for a printer. There is usually a model number along with the serial number on the bottom or side of the camera. We also need your operating system.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I couldn't find the HP 425 either... maybe 935 or the 945 printer/camera package.
My best guesses says it comes with HP Image Zone .. which you really do NOT want to install.
I have two HP cameras - and all I need (use) is Windows XP and Irfanview.
http://www.irfanview.com/
This also applied to my old W-98 days .. but I don't remember how I downloaded the pics in W-98.
I think they just showed up in My Computer as a drive ... like they do in W-XP
One of my HP's has an option to run it as just a disc drive.

In my first HP Camera .. HP actually recomended that I use Irfanview instead of their version ACDsee.
Been using Irfanview ever since ... even with my new Kodak.

Weezie12

Sorry. It was a 435 camera. And my computer won't detect it. I tried installing manually, and it still won't work. I have XP.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Look thru the camera setup options ... is there a setting to let it work as a USB disc drive?

Weezie12

Yes, there is an option to lrt iy work as as a USB disk drive. How do I get it to work using it as a disk drive?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Set the camera options to operate (transfer files) as a disc drive ....
Then plug it into a USB port and see if it shows up in "My Computer"
If so - then you can transfer (CUT, COPY, PASTE & Delete) the pictures as if the camera were just another "folder"

Does this camera have a SD/MMC memory card ..
And - does your Computer have a memory card reader ?
And - What is the make and model of your Computer ?

Weezie12

It doesn't have a memory card. The computer is a emachine with XP. It shpws up as a removable drive in my computer. When I click on it, the message says something about inserting a disk.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm a little stumped here ... My first thought is that the camera needs a SD/MMC card.
But - You should be able to read the 16MB internal memory since "My Computer" can now see the camera.

Does the camera have any pictures in it and can you preview them on the camera screen ?

HP's FAQ's on the 435 Camera seem to be offline ???

Weezie12

I have pictures in the camera, and I can see them on the camera screen. I don't have a memory card that can be taken out of the camera. The camera is full, because when I try to take pictures, I get a message saying memory is full.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Just to try something -
remove the batteries from the camera and let it set for several minutes - then re-install the batteries ...
and reboot the computer while waiting.
Plug the camera in another USB port and try again.

If still No-Go ... right click on "my Computer" > Manage > Device Manager >>
click on the + for "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" ... and see if the HP camera shows up ... something like attached.

Attachments

Weezie12

How do I take a picture of my device manager screen to show you what I have there?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online