'HP DigitalMedia Archive' Headache!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LKeenEsq

Greetings:

For some time, I have been getting a pop-up message to the effect, "An installation package for the product HP DigitalMedia Archive cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'EZARC.msi'." No matter what I do, including clicking on Cancel, this popup persists.

When I tried to remove (START->CONTROL PANEL->ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS) the program "HP DigitalMedia Archive" or its progeny, I was surprised to find that the Remove button on all of the entries was no longer there! What's more, there are lots of new entries in the program list that I've never seen (but which I presume are related to HP drivers).

I have tried Norton AntiVirus 2007 (which is updated) and SpySweeper (also updated), but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated -- this is annoying and troubling.

That sounds like a program that may have come with the machine. Is it an HP? Do you have recovery media that may contain that program?

LKeenEsq

Yes, HP DigitalMedia Archive is HP's bundled version of the Sonic DVD/CD software. I don't have recovery media but there is a recovery partition on the hard disk.

That must be where these things are coming from. What changes have been made to the machine lately? Have you made any recovery attempts or updated the HP software or drivers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online