1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'HP DigitalMedia Archive' Headache!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LKeenEsq, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LKeenEsq

LKeenEsq Thread Starter

Greetings:

For some time, I have been getting a pop-up message to the effect, "An installation package for the product HP DigitalMedia Archive cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'EZARC.msi'." No matter what I do, including clicking on Cancel, this popup persists.

When I tried to remove (START->CONTROL PANEL->ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS) the program "HP DigitalMedia Archive" or its progeny, I was surprised to find that the Remove button on all of the entries was no longer there! What's more, there are lots of new entries in the program list that I've never seen (but which I presume are related to HP drivers).

I have tried Norton AntiVirus 2007 (which is updated) and SpySweeper (also updated), but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated -- this is annoying and troubling.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

That sounds like a program that may have come with the machine. Is it an HP? Do you have recovery media that may contain that program?

3. LKeenEsq

LKeenEsq Thread Starter

Yes, HP DigitalMedia Archive is HP's bundled version of the Sonic DVD/CD software. I don't have recovery media but there is a recovery partition on the hard disk.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

That must be where these things are coming from. What changes have been made to the machine lately? Have you made any recovery attempts or updated the HP software or drivers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice