1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP dm1 Erratic Mouse Behaviour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AsheJoe, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsheJoe

AsheJoe Thread Starter

I have a 9 month old HP dm1, (Win7 / 3GB / AMD Fusion Processor), that is driving me crazy with it's erratic mouse behavior that I hope someone can help me with.

I have tried many different makes of wireless and even 2 different makes of BlueTooth mouses, I have tried it with the computer's touch pad turned off, as well as turned on. I have checked and installed all known updates to the system and the drivers. Scanned for apparent IQ conflicts and even signal interference. Yet, it continues to exhibit a "mind of it's own" regardless of which program is running. And yes, it does the same thing if no mouse is attached and I'm just trying to use the built in touchpad all by itself.

What happens is that the mouse pointer just randomly jumps to some totally random part of the screen, and begins entering my typing there. Or, it will randomly highlight a block of text, and as I continue to type, it erases what I had previously entered and over writes it with what I was in the process of adding. Or it opens up some menu, or even "click on" a link ! IT IS SO ANNOYING !

Any ideas what to do to stop this erratic behaviour ?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice