hp dv1000 shuts down after start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamesb1957

I have a hp dv1000 laptop that shuts down on its own.I press the start button and it comes up on HP splash screen then shuts down but does not completely shut down. I will completely shut the computer down and then start it back up, this time it will go into the windows splash screen and then shut down(again not totally power down.After 3 or 4 tries doing this it will actually get to the desktop and beginning loading the start up programs but after about 30 seconds or so will shut down again.Occasionally it will stay on ( as I am typing this the computer is sitting beside me working fine.????????.
I have removed the fan/heat sink and cleaned it, reset the cpu still shuts down as descibed above.
Any suggestions will help.

Thanks

Jim C

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1270 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 95385 MB, Free - 86737 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 308F
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online