hp dv2000 hard drive gone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xmann922

hi i got a hp dv2000 that stoped working i was thinking the hard drive was bad so i replaced it with another one and still nothing windows 7 disk wont boot to disk but windows xp pro runs through and come up and says that no hard drive was found please turn all drives on and make sure they are connected

Please post the full model number for that laptop, there are 164 different dv2000 series.

.example DV2034tx

There is an adapter on the hard drive, did it get transfered to the new drive?

xmann922

ya it got transferred i took it apart checked the solder joints it might be a bios thing im checking into it

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The laptop controller is in ACHI mode, you'd need to provide additional SATA drivers via floppy or slip streaming for XP to see the hard drive.

Do you have Vista recovery CD's, it did come with Vista originally correct? Does the Windows 7 disc work in another computer, does it have any scratches, have you used it before?

xmann922

correct i made a recovery for it orignally and i need to find it the windows 7 installed on another computer after i tryed with this one

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
correct i made a recovery for it orignally and i need to find it the windows 7 installed on another computer after i tryed with this one
Please reread this sentence out loud, it doesn't make sense.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!