1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp dv2000 hard drive gone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xmann922, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xmann922

xmann922 Thread Starter

hi i got a hp dv2000 that stoped working i was thinking the hard drive was bad so i replaced it with another one and still nothing windows 7 disk wont boot to disk but windows xp pro runs through and come up and says that no hard drive was found please turn all drives on and make sure they are connected

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Please post the full model number for that laptop, there are 164 different dv2000 series.

.example DV2034tx

3. xmann922

xmann922 Thread Starter

oh its a hp pavillion dv2000 :dv2415us

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

There is an adapter on the hard drive, did it get transfered to the new drive?

5. xmann922

xmann922 Thread Starter

ya it got transferred i took it apart checked the solder joints it might be a bios thing im checking into it

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The laptop controller is in ACHI mode, you'd need to provide additional SATA drivers via floppy or slip streaming for XP to see the hard drive.

Do you have Vista recovery CD's, it did come with Vista originally correct? Does the Windows 7 disc work in another computer, does it have any scratches, have you used it before?

7. xmann922

xmann922 Thread Starter

correct i made a recovery for it orignally and i need to find it the windows 7 installed on another computer after i tryed with this one

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Please reread this sentence out loud, it doesn't make sense.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice