1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP DV9000 External Display problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cyberbaba, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberbaba

cyberbaba Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    I have a HP DV9000 series laptop which i have connected to my LCD TV using a 15 pin D-Sub cable which has worked fine for over 8 months. Suddenly yesterday the display is messed up as there is no red component on the external LCD.

1. The display on the laptop screen is just fine... no problem at all
    2. I have connected another laptop using the same cable to the same LCD TV and it works fine
    3. It cannot be a driver issue as the HP boot logo screen is also affected
    4. I have booted with a Live Linux CD and the display is still messed up.

Troubleshooting done:
    1. Not a cable issue as the other laptop connected with the same cable works fine
    2. Not a TV issue as above
    3. Not a display card hardware issue as Laptop screen is fine
    4. Not a driver issue as display messed up even before the OS loads and also tried Linux.
    5. Cleaned vga out port on the lappy still no luck

PS: My laptop is out of warranty :-(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1006120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice