1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP dv9500 and XP drivers (sp33411)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lkingston55, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lkingston55

lkingston55 Thread Starter

I have an older HP DV9500 (According to BIOS: P/N RL595av, board 30CB, according to the tag on the back of the laptopL P/N -= RL653AY). It had Vista on it which crashed. After numerous attempts at re-building with the recovery disk and spending hours on the phone with HP and Microsoft support, I stuffed it in a drawer and got a new laptop.

I am trying to rebuild this for a friend of mine who needs a computer. I purchased an OEM version of XP (it's a dell-labeled disk) and am having troubles installing the drivers. I downloaded them from HP's website and burned them onto a DVD from another system.

I cannot get past sp33411 - the chipset installation. It launches the setup wizard, I get past the EULA, and the progress bar is displayed. Then the wizard exits abruptly with no message. I have not been able to find any log files reporting errors.

I am running this as a user with admin privileges.

Any thoughts? Please help!

thanks,
    l.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that product number, you appear to have the HP Pavilion dv9500 CTO laptop. Here is the support and software site for it.

Here is the Intel chipset drivers that you should need. Download and save it, then close all open windows, then install it, then restart the computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice